Next Karate gradings
Hampton Academy Sports Centre, Hanworth Road, Hampton, Middlesex TW12 3HB
Sunday 3rd December 2017
13.00 - 13.30-White belts
13.30 - 14.00-Red & Blue belts
14.00 - 14.30-Purple/White belts & Purple Belts
14.30 - 15.00-Yellow & Orange belts
(Orange belts finish at 15.30)
16.00 - 17.00-Green/White & Green belts
17.00 - 18.00-Brown/White belts
White - Yellow belts: £40.00
Orange - Brown/White belts: £44.00
Please note the belt listed refers to your existing grade. You must hold a current UKSKO licence in order to grade. You will be covered by the Insurance should an accident occur during practice. Those students who have blue licence books should bring them to the grading. The licence ensures your grades will be nationally and internationally recognised.
Please arrive at least 30mins before your grading time in order to warm up and run through your grading syllabus
Things to remember
- In order to grade you must have completed the minimum training requirements and be confident that you know the technical requirements in the syllabus. If you are in doubt about your ability to grade please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
- You must hold a valid UKSKO licence which you will need to take along to your grading. You will not be allowed to grade without one. To apply or renew your licence please click here.
- Please turn up for the grading at least 30 minutes before to give you enough time to warm up.
- All students grading should be wearing an Association Gi (suit) with the association calligraphy on the chest area. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
- Your Gi should be clean and neatly pressed.
- Girls/Women should where a (white) T-shirt under your Gi and boys should be bare chested.
- All jewellery should be removed or taped over.
- If you are attempting a grade of 5th Kyu or above you will need your kumite equipment consisting of Head Guard, Hand Protectors (mits) and Shin and Instep Pads. Boys/Men should wear a Groin Guard and Girls/Women may want to wear a Chest Guard. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
- All candidates will be notified of their grading result by your Sensei or Sempai. This is usually within 1-2 weeks.
A student may receive a ‘Provisional’ grade, which means that they are not quite up to the required standard. They can however wear the full grade belt and train on the same syllabus, but in the next grading the student will need to retry for the full grade, and may be considered for further promotion to the following grade if they have the necessary hours of training between those grades, or they have achieved the required standard.